Additional Flow Sensor Support Badger 250BR0705 - Accessories & Sensors / Wired Flow Sensors - Rachio Community
Additional Flow Sensor Support Badger 250BR0705
You have selected 0 posts.
792 views
1 link
post by robinarizona on Mar 28, 2022
I have a Badger 250BR0705 already installed. It has a K value of 0.432 and Offset of 0.619. Would it be possible to add this model to the supported list for Rachio 3?
792 views
1 link
post by robinarizona on Mar 30, 2022
Adding Badger 250BR0705 with K = 0.432 and Offset = 0.619 would be super helpful!
post by RPostWVU on Apr 4, 2022
Unless something has changed, the flow meters really just establish a baseline, then alert if current running rate thresholds do not meet. So it doesn’t matter if your meter is reading correct GPM. I’m not sure where the gallons/month comes from, but I thinking its from the baseline, not the actual readings multiplied by minutes ran. There certainly seems to be rounding errors, as when I run for like 20 seconds, I get 1 minute of usage shown.
post by JBTexas on Aug 18, 2022
Pretty sure that’s incorrect. It appears that real flow measurement from a supported meter is used whenever Rachio can determine it… during calibration or during operation - automatic or manual. Can’t speak for a Badger, but mine (EveryDrop 1004-EX) provides correct usage in a community with wildly variant water pressure (thus flow) overnight. It is true that if I disconnect or disable the meter, Rachio will back off to the calibrated (saved) flow estimates and continue to run. And it does use high and low flow alert limits derived just from calibration rather than operating history.
I can Quick Run a station and match the usage to the flow meter readings. I also know you can’t do anything in my irrigation system for 20 seconds and call it a measurement.
post by RPostWVU on Aug 19, 2022
I wasn’t saying 20 seconds was a “measurement”, but I do know that when I run for 20 seconds to check/adjust a nozzle, the app shows 11-15 gallons on the area, which is what 60 seconds would be.
post by JBTexas on Aug 26, 2022
Do you know how much water is needed to fill the empty pipe from your meter to the valve and then to the heads? If you measure for 20 seconds, the 11-15 gallons may not be ridiculous. Measure for at least the “settle time” (or start measuring AFTER the settle time) that you’ve specified for the station - to see your meter in action.