Adding WUnderground Station to Rachio with Gen 2 - Settings / Weather - Rachio Community

Home | Support | Status Page

Skip to main content

Adding WUnderground Station to Rachio with Gen 2

Settings Weather

You have selected 0 posts.

select all

cancel selecting

Jun 2018

2 / 282

Jun 2018

May 2022

post by amccabe on Jun 23, 2018

amccabe

2

Jun 2018

How do I get my WUnderground station added to the rachio? I just installed my gen2 here in PHX and am trying to get it all integrated.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KAZPHOEN583

15.1k views 197 likes 50+ links 120 users

94](https://community.rachio.com/u/Gene "Gene")

11](https://community.rachio.com/u/franz "franz")

8](https://community.rachio.com/u/liv4muddin "liv4muddin")

5](https://community.rachio.com/u/gdio53 "gdio53")

4](https://community.rachio.com/u/rochag "rochag")

read 20 min

Top replies

post by Gene on Jun 23, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Jun 2018

I’ve added that station to pwsweather (link), it should show up within Gen 2 Rachio interface in a few hours (only Gen 3 and Costco versions of Gen 2 have native WU support).

Cheers,

Gene

post by franz on Jun 23, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

Jun 2018

This is why the Rachio community loves @Gene

https://giphy.com/gifs/love-heart-iyN7EivGQSUxi

post by jastratman on Jun 23, 2018

jastratman

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/adding-wunderground-station-to-rachio-with-gen-2/13619 "Load parent post")

Jun 2018

Add me to the grateful list if you’ll add my neighborhood WUnderground station too! I’ve got a Rachio 2, and here’s the station I’d like you to add:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNEOMAHA259

Right now, the nearest listed station in Rachio’s Weather Intelligence is over 4 miles south of me. I’ve had problems with inaccurate reporting of precipitation. Last Tuesday we had spotty torrential downpours - my rain gauge had 4" in it Wednesday morning, but Rachio said we only go 0.79" of precipitation on Tuesday/Wednesday. Getting my neighborhood WUnderground in Rachio would be fantastic!

post by Gene on Jun 24, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Jun 2018

Done, should show up within Rachio soon.

https://www.pwsweather.com/obs/KNEOMAHA259.html

post by HomeBayView on Jun 26, 2018

HomeBayView

Jun 2018

Oh if you could add this station also, I would soooo appreciate it…!!

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KFLFTLAU4

My closest station is miles away and the weather here in SoFla is very very local

Thank you!!!

post by Gene on Jun 27, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Jun 2018

Done, it is now on pwsweather (link), meaning it should be available to Rachio in a few hours.

Cheers,

Gene

post by franz on Jun 27, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

Jun 2018

post by HomeBayView on Jun 27, 2018

HomeBayView

Jun 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!!!

post by Rustyclan on Jun 30, 2018

Rustyclan

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/adding-wunderground-station-to-rachio-with-gen-2/13619 "Load parent post")

Jun 2018

Hi Gene,

You set up my PWS using my WU account a little over a year ago. I just moved across town, is it possible to just update my PWS information?

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCOFORTC324&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

https://www.pwsweather.com/obs/26011.html

I updated my address along with latitude and longitude but that did not seem to make a difference.

Thank you, Rusty

post by Gene on Jul 1, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Jul 2018

Ok, Your new station is now setup, raw data can be checked here (link).

I’ve disabled your old station (link) as per my assumption that you’ve moved your AcuRite station and uploading data from the new location to the old address may pose issues for other users.

Cheers,

Gene

post by slharder on Jul 2, 2018

slharder

Jul 2018

Gene

Asking another favor, could you add

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCOLITTL269

This is my nextdoor neighbor.

Thanks in advance.

post by Gene on Jul 2, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Jul 2018

Done, data will be available via pwsweather (link).

Cheers,

Gene

post by chwill17 on Jul 9, 2018

chwill17

Jul 2018

Same here…would you mind adding https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KVAMIDLO98 as well?

Thanks so much!!

post by bsteyaert on Jul 11, 2018

bsteyaert

Jul 2018

@Gene Thank you so much for all your effort and hard work bring this needed functionality to the Rachio community. If you could add my my station as well, I would greatly appreciate it.

ID=KCALIVER77

Do you have an Amazon wishlist?

post by Gene on Jul 11, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Jul 2018

I’d love to help Benjamin, but the station ID you’ve provided points to an inactive station, seems it was last updated 137 days ago? Seem that station is an ambient ws-1400 model, and if you are uploading data to ambientweather.net I can use that instead of underground in case you are having issues there.

I you would prefer to use ambientweather.net, login to your account (here), create an API key and PM or email ( setup@wufyi.com) it to me so I can take care of the rest. Alternately, please double check the station ID you’ve provided and your setup to upload data to wunderground.

Cheers,

Gene

post by gdio53 on Jul 11, 2018

gdio53

Jul 2018

Gene,

If I go the Ambient Weather route instead of WU, are the updates to Rachio more frequent, or is it still at 5 minute intervals?

It would be great if Rachio allowed a direct feed from Ambient Weather!

Thanks,

Gary

post by Gene on Jul 11, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Jul 2018

While Ambient does support a higher update rate, Rachio only gets daily summary readings from their provider. Updating at higher rate will thus not have any real advantage for your irrigation needs.

I do think Rachio may be using a higher resolution data from WU for their WI+ offering, but it is just a guess on my part.

post by gdio53 on Jul 13, 2018

gdio53

Jul 2018

Gene,

Thanks for the information.

I have a Gen 2 controller, so no WI+ for me. Hopefully Rachio will start allowing older controllers to utilize WI+.

Gary

post by jastratman on Jul 14, 2018

jastratman

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/adding-wunderground-station-to-rachio-with-gen-2/13619 "Load parent post")

Jul 2018

Gene, I really appreciate you adding KNEOMAHA259 to PWS so I could use that for my Rachio 2 a few weeks back. Unfortunately, that PWS stopped reporting July 2. Could you add another neighborhood station so I can use it?

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNEOMAHA157#history

This station has been online for a long time and is a lot more reliable. Thanks

post by Gene on Jul 15, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Jul 2018

Done, I didn’t want to reuse your other station since the name refers to a specific wunderground station id, and it seems someone already registered KNEOMAHA157 with pwsweather, so I’ve made a generic name for the ***157 station, data will be available via wufyi3827.

post by jastratman on Jul 15, 2018

jastratman

Jul 2018

Thanks! Greatly appreciated!

post by hancockks on Jul 19, 2018

hancockks

Jul 2018

Any chance I can get my local one added as well?

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNHMERRI34

post by Gene on Jul 19, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Jul 2018

Done (link). Should be available within Rachio soon.

post by dwp on Jul 20, 2018

dwp

Jul 2018

I’d love to use the following WU station if possible. thanks, Dave

KCALONGB67

post by hancockks on Jul 20, 2018

hancockks

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/adding-wunderground-station-to-rachio-with-gen-2/13619 "Load parent post")

Jul 2018

Thanks!!!

post by Gene on Jul 21, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

dwp](https://community.rachio.com/t/adding-wunderground-station-to-rachio-with-gen-2/13619 "Load parent post")

Jul 2018

Done (link), should be seen within Rachio soon.

post by AlanG on Jul 22, 2018

AlanG

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/adding-wunderground-station-to-rachio-with-gen-2/13619 "Load parent post")

Jul 2018

Thanks Gene. Like jastratman I receive an incorrect precipitation report. Would you please add me to thepwsweater link also.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCOPUEBL79

Thanks,

AlanG

post by MRusso on Jul 22, 2018

MRusso

2

Jul 2018

I just installed my Gen 2 and love it!

Is there any way that the following pws could be added?

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KTXHUMBL60&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

(Sorry for the edit)

Thanks in advance!

post by harcosk on Jul 26, 2018

harcosk

Jul 2018

This seems to be the place to request Wunderground stations.

Please add KCAESCON166

Thank you,

Kyle

post by Gene on Jul 26, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Jul 2018

Done ^ 3

KCOPUEBL79 > WUFYI79

KTXHUMBL60 > KTXHUMBL60

KCAESCON166 > KCAESCON166

Sorry for the delay. I’ve been traveling a lot for work this week.

Cheers,

Gene

post by Rostroske on Jul 26, 2018

Rostroske

Jul 2018

Hi! So glad you’re doing this as closest report was 13 miles away, can you add KMITROY4 ?

Thanks in advance

post by Gene on Jul 26, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Jul 2018

@Rostroske Done (link)

post by MWSharp on Jul 30, 2018

MWSharp

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/adding-wunderground-station-to-rachio-with-gen-2/13619 "Load parent post")

Jul 2018

Please add our neighborhood Wunderground station for my weather intelligence.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

post by Gene on Jul 31, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Jul 2018

@MWSharp done (link)

Cheers,

Gene

post by liv4muddin on Jul 31, 2018

liv4muddin

1

Jul 2018

@Gene Can you add KMSOLIVE48 please. Thanks in advance

post by Gene on Aug 1, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Aug 2018

@liv4muddin done (link)

post by liv4muddin on Aug 1, 2018

liv4muddin

Aug 2018

Thanks again @Gene.

post by liv4muddin on Aug 5, 2018

liv4muddin

Aug 2018

@franz Just checking to see what’s usual time to see my station in Rachio. It’s been 4 days last of today.

post by franz on Aug 5, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

Aug 2018

Stations through PWSWeather should be somewhat immediate. Do you not see your station in the list of stations available in weather intelligence?

post by liv4muddin on Aug 5, 2018

liv4muddin

Aug 2018

No I checked this morning. @gene added it 4 days ago. Don’t see it listed.

post by Gene on Aug 5, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Aug 2018

Make sure you turn on an option to Use Personal Weather Station (PWS), if your station does not appear after that, please double-check that the position on the map over at pwsweather (link), is close to the location of your Rachio. If all else fails @rachiosupport can help to manually add the station to your account.

post by liv4muddin on Aug 5, 2018

liv4muddin

Aug 2018

Yea I can see it at my address on PWS site and and when I go to list to use local PWS it’s not in the list or on the map

post by franz on Aug 5, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

Aug 2018

@liv4muddin You are on WI Plus which uses IBM/WU for PWS. I do see your station on our non-WI Plus weather provider. Is your station part of the WU network?

post by liv4muddin on Aug 5, 2018

liv4muddin

Aug 2018

@franz I can see it on Weather Underground and PWS. My station ID is KMSOLIVE48

post by franz on Aug 5, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

Aug 2018

Ok, I can see data for it but not in the geocode list. How many days has it been online in WU? I’ll followup with them if more than about a week. This is not the best experience but we don’t have any control over when they start ingesting and sending data.

post by liv4muddin on Aug 5, 2018

liv4muddin

Aug 2018

oh I understand. Just seeing when I should be looking to change in the app. Its was added to WU July 31st and PWS by Gene on Aug 1st.

post by franz on Aug 5, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

Aug 2018

Ok, I think we are borderline. Let’s wait a couple/few more days. If doesn’t show up I will contact WU directly.

post by liv4muddin on Aug 5, 2018

liv4muddin

Aug 2018

Ok sounds good. Thanks for checking in on this

post by majkman on Aug 5, 2018

majkman

Aug 2018

Gene,

Please add my WU station to Rachio Gen 2 https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KAZCHAND7

post by Nhamp07 on Aug 5, 2018

Nhamp07

Aug 2018

Can you please add KTXNEWBR92

Thanks!

post by Gene on Aug 6, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Aug 2018

@majkman done (link)

@Nhamp07 done (link)

Cheers,

Gene

post by GMoore34 on Aug 6, 2018

GMoore34

Aug 2018

Hi Gene- Came here from the Ambient weather FB group.

Could you add KCOERIE79 please?

Thanks a ton!

post by jjstrauch on Aug 6, 2018

jjstrauch

Aug 2018

Can i get mine added?

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCOFORTM15

post by franz on Aug 6, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

Aug 2018

@Gene You need a “Donate Now” button on your site

post by Gene on Aug 7, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

1

Aug 2018

@franz Maybe when the site is easier to use One of these days I’ll finish up the ez setup, but for now I do what I can…

@GMoore34 done (link) (used a random name since matching name was taken, see my PM).

@jjstrauch done (link)

P.S. Internally wufyi.com can also use data from ambientweather.net via their API and many other sources (such as myacurite.com and weatherflow.com). Feel free to PM (link) for details or if you simply prefer to setup your station in private.

17 days later

post by jfirstenberg on Aug 24, 2018

jfirstenberg

Aug 2018

@Gene - Can you help me get my station on Rachio?

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KOHCLEVE171

Thank you!

post by Gene on Aug 24, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

1

Aug 2018

@jfirstenberg done (link)

post by jfirstenberg on Aug 24, 2018

jfirstenberg

Aug 2018

@Gene - Thank you. My PWS account has a station in it but not the one you created. Did I do something wrong?

I do see the station in Rachio now (AWESOME) but the station I created, jfirstenberg doesn’t seem to have anything. Is there a way to add the station that is reporting (and connected to Rachio) into my user’s account and delete the one not in use (housekeeping).

THANKS AGAIN.

post by Gene on Aug 24, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Aug 2018

Unfortunately pwsweather does not support transferring stations between accounts, and because I did not have your station / account info I could not add the data to a specific station. If you prefer to use a station you’ve created, feel free to PM (link) me your station details so it can be used instead.

post by jfirstenberg on Aug 24, 2018

jfirstenberg

Aug 2018

Does it matter? I’m okay if you are okay. Can stations be deleted?

post by Gene on Aug 24, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Aug 2018

Doesn’t matter one bit I do not know of any way to delete a station, though you could try contacting their support via email. As far as I know, stations without any data are as good as gone so you can leave it as is.

post by vthowe on Aug 27, 2018

vthowe

Aug 2018

Team Rachio - If you could kindly add

Station ID: KSDHILLC3

it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

post by Gene on Aug 27, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Aug 2018

@vthowe done (link)

post by vthowe on Aug 27, 2018

vthowe

Aug 2018

Awesome, thank you.

post by badwzrd on Aug 27, 2018

badwzrd

Aug 2018

Could you add KCAMERCE18

Thanks

post by Gene on Aug 27, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Aug 2018

@badwzrd done (link)

post by franz on Aug 27, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

Aug 2018

@Gene

21 days later

post by gdio53 on Sep 18, 2018

gdio53

2

Sep 2018

Just read on the Ambient Weather Facebook page that " AmbientWeather.net will now upload your data to PWSWeather.com and WeatherUnderground.com directly."

I disabled cron-job and trying the direct upload.

Edit: Direct upload from AmbientWeather to PWSWeather is working:)

post by Don85207 on Sep 18, 2018

Don85207

Sep 2018

What is the procedure to do this? I haven’t been able to find info on ambient’s site.

post by gdio53 on Sep 18, 2018

gdio53

Sep 2018

Devices

You need to have a login to PWS Weather

Go to your device page and enter the information in the PWS Weather section.

Once you have that, you can change your current weather station selection to your PWS, just make sure that “Use Personal Weather Station” is toggled on.

post by Don85207 on Sep 18, 2018

Don85207

Sep 2018

Thanks, got it. It was right in front of me I just didn’t see it.

post by Arto on Sep 19, 2018

Arto

Sep 2018

Hello,

Is there a way to add this station so i can see and use it in my Rachio gen 2?

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=ISDERMAN12&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash#history/tgraphs/s20180820/e20180919/mmonth

Thank you!

post by Gene on Sep 19, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Sep 2018

@Arto done (link), be on a lookout for PWS_ISDERMAN12 within Rachio in a couple of hours.

Cheers,

Gene

post by Arto on Sep 19, 2018

Arto

Sep 2018

You are great Gene! Thank you very much!

post by billy2818 on Sep 23, 2018

billy2818

Sep 2018

I’m trying to get my wunderground station KTXRICHM155 into the weather intelligence feed. I have a Gen 2. Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

post by Gene on Sep 23, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Sep 2018

@billy2818 done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_KTXRICHM155 within an hour or two.

If you were really interested in instructions on one of the ways to do this manually, here is the (link) to an earlier post. Posting here (like you did), or sending me a PM (link), is also acceptable

post by billy2818 on Sep 23, 2018

billy2818

Sep 2018

Thank you for the help!

post by Kdow on Sep 29, 2018

Kdow

Sep 2018

Hello,

Would it be possible to add KCAOCEAN17 ?

Thank you and what a great service.

Kdow

post by Gene on Sep 29, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Sep 2018

@Kdow done (link), look for PWS_CAOCEAN17 within an hour or two.

Cheers,

Gene

1 month later

post by howag on Nov 5, 2018

howag

Nov 2018

Hello,

Could I get my PWS added:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCAGRANI39

or

https://dashboard.ambientweather.net/devices/public/4ea84771d8625247e4d61c26ccbf6660

Thank you!

post by Gene on Nov 5, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Nov 2018

@howag done (link), PWS_KCAGRANI39 should be available soon. I’ve used a WU link since ambient provides a direct pwsweather integration (discussed a few posts back, here).

Cheers,

Gene

11 days later

post by harcosk on Nov 17, 2018

harcosk

Nov 2018

I have a closer PWS, would you please add it?

KCAESCON219

Many thanks!!

Kyle

post by Gene on Nov 17, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Nov 2018

@harcosk done (link), you should be able to use PWS_KCAESCON219 within a few hours.

Cheers,

Gene

2 months later

post by Geko on Jan 2, 2019

Geko

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/adding-wunderground-station-to-rachio-with-gen-2/13619 "Load parent post")

Jan 2019

Hi, I am in Australia and have a Underground weather station nearby that I would like to use with my new Rachio Gen 2. Are you able to add it to PWSweather so that I will be able to select it?

Thanking you in advance,

Geko

Details are:

Weather Station ID: INSWBATE3

Station Name: Corymbia Batemans Bay

Latitude / Longitude: S 35 ° 41 ’ 55 ‘’, E 150 ° 10 ’ 46 ‘’

Elevation: 62

City: Batemans Bay

State: NSW

Hardware: LaCrosse

post by Gene on Jan 2, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Jan 2019

done (link), @Geko your station will show up as PWS_INSWBATE3 within a few hours.

Happy new year,

Gene

post by franz on Jan 3, 2019

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

Jan 2019

@Gene If you ever take a trip to Australia, I’m sure you will have many places to stay

post by Geko on Jan 3, 2019

Geko

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/adding-wunderground-station-to-rachio-with-gen-2/13619 "Load parent post")

Jan 2019

Wow that was quick. Thank you very much. I have now found another station on Wunderground that is quite close to me. Would you be able to add it also please. Detais are:

Weather Station ID: IMALONEY2

Station Name: Maloneys Beach

Latitude / Longitude: S 35 ° 42 ’ 33 ‘’, E 150 ° 14 ’ 59 ‘’

Elevation: 33

City: Maloneys Beach

State:

Hardware: Davis Vantage Vue (Wireless)

Software: weewx-3.8.2

post by Gene on Jan 3, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Jan 2019

@Geko, done, be on the lookout for PWS_IMALONEY2

post by CaliKurt on Jan 4, 2019

CaliKurt

Jan 2019

Gene, can you please add WU station ID KCASONOR68?

Thanks a bunch.

post by Gene on Jan 5, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Jan 2019

@CaliKurt done (link), you’ll be able to use PWS_KCASONOR68 in a few hours.

Cheers,

Gene

post by CaliKurt on Jan 11, 2019

CaliKurt

Jan 2019

Gene. Thank you very much. How cool is this? It has already worked through 2 rain storms on my weather station. American made, and by far the best controller.

post by Arto on Jan 15, 2019

Arto

Arto](https://community.rachio.com/t/adding-wunderground-station-to-rachio-with-gen-2/13619 "Load parent post")

Jan 2019

That station has stopped reporting. Please ad >

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=ITORSHLL5&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

post by Gene on Jan 15, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Jan 2019

@Arto done (link)

post by adairb on Jan 15, 2019

adairb

Jan 2019

Gene, I would really appreciate adding my neighbors WU ID: KNEPAPIL52 to PWS so I could use it for my Rachino. Thanks! - Bill

post by Gene on Jan 15, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Jan 2019

@adairb done (link), cheers

post by steve04KU on Jan 21, 2019

steve04KU

Jan 2019

My new weather station isn’t showing up on the map? It’s been installed for a couple of weeks now. KTXRICHA120 reporting to WU. It’s an Ambient Weather station. How do I get this to show up on the Rachio map so that I can use it?

post by Gene on Jan 21, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Jan 2019

@steve04KU, are you running Rachio Gen 3 and/or Gen 2 from Costo?

In any case I’ve added it to pws_weather (link) in case it is none of the above (in which case, be on the lookout for PWS_KTXRICHA120 within a few hours).

Cheers,

Gene

post by steve04KU on Jan 21, 2019

steve04KU

Jan 2019

I believe mine is Gen 2.

post by Wirepower on Jan 23, 2019

Wirepower

Jan 2019

@gene can you add wunderground ID: IMELTON34 to pws?

Load more posts below

Invalid date

Invalid date

Loading complete