Add Weather Underground Station - Settings / Weather - Rachio Community
You have selected 0 posts.
4.5k views 20 likes 14 links 12 users
read 5 min
Top replies
post by nkaw on Feb 21, 2019
nkaw
Hello, can someone add KNYMALVE4 and KNYHEMPS2. Thank you in advance
post by Gene on Feb 21, 2019
Gene
Asking via multiple threads was not necessary Active users tend to read everything that is new
Gene
post by nkaw on Feb 21, 2019
nkaw
Thank you and I apologize
post by Gene on Feb 21, 2019
Gene
No need to apologize , just made that note for anyone else who finds themselves in your situation Sorry if it came over as anything other than friendly
post by FreeSoup on Aug 1, 2019
FreeSoup
Hey Gene, Rachio suggested you are the person to ask. I skimmed this, but to be 100% sure if I have the WeatherFlow station, and have gone through the steps to get it setup on Weather Underground, the Gen 3 can use that? Debating an upgrade, have the original model since early '17.
post by FreeSoup on Aug 1, 2019
FreeSoup
Think I found this in another thread, looks like this is the case.
post by Gene on Aug 1, 2019
Gene
Are you looking to update your controller or your PWS? In any case you are correct about WU data and Gen 3 controllers
post by FreeSoup on Aug 1, 2019
FreeSoup
Looking to upgrade my controller from Gen1 to Gen3. Already have the WeatherFlow station and WU connection. Thanks for the confirmation, sounds like a step in-between of working with you to update the station to the list you manage, but otherwise ~straightforward. Puts a bit more pressure on the accuracy of the WeatherFlow rain metering…
post by ARH on Aug 24, 2019
ARH
Hi Gene, could you possibly add my WeatherFlow station at:
https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/4472/grid
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/ca/cupertino/KCACUPER242
to the PWS network I can integrate it with my Gen 2 Rachio controller?
Thanks in advance!
post by Gene on Aug 24, 2019
Gene
Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx53925, I’ve used your WeatherFlow data instead of WU as it is more likely to work without interruptions. Your station should become visible in a few hours. Thanks for providing the controller type as it avoids needless questions.
Cheers,
Gene
post by ARH on Aug 24, 2019
ARH
Thanks! See it already. Appreciate the assistance!
Cheers,
ARH
post by Les on Feb 7, 2020
Les
Would you be able to add my Weather underground feed to the PWS feed so I can use it with my Gen2 controller.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IJERRABO2
thanks
Les
post by Gene on Feb 7, 2020
Gene
@Les Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx27175
post by Les on Feb 7, 2020
Les
Thanks Gene. I appreciate your help and fast response.
Les
post by Les on Feb 8, 2020
Les
Hi quick question, how long does it take for a PWS to appear in the Rachio App. I’m watching for WX27175.
post by Gene on Feb 9, 2020
Gene
Usually a few hours for Gen 2, be sure to try via webapp here (link) to change to your station.
post by Les on Feb 9, 2020
Les
Still looking for WX27175. Ive tried the Web App nothing there
post by Gene on Feb 10, 2020
Gene
Be sure to enable personal weather stations. Also, how close is your Rachio location set to the station you are trying to use?
post by ValM on Feb 11, 2020
ValM
Hi Gene, sorry to be another one who needs a weather underground station added, but can this one be added as well? (Not sure I’m sending the right link…)
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ISECHE3
post by Gene on Feb 11, 2020
Gene
@ValM no worries, Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx63901
post by ValM on Feb 11, 2020
ValM
Thanks so much!!
post by Les on Feb 11, 2020
Les
Still can access WX27175. Personal Weather Stations is enabled. I can see eight Personal Weather Stations within 10 km of my house. My weather station (WX27175) is at the same location as my Rachio Controller (within 20 metres). I’ve checked PWS weather and can see the weather station through the PWS App. I can’t see it through the Rachio App.
any thoughts on what I should do?
post by Gene on Feb 11, 2020
Gene
@Les unfortunately I cannot think of any good reason why you still can’t see a pwsweather station within 20 meters of your controller. I would be interested in looking into this further, but would require a temporary access to your controller. Keep in mind that I am not a Rachio employee, as such I do not have access to full knowledge and tools available to a Rachio support personal.
post by ValM on Feb 12, 2020
ValM
Not seeing it yet this morning, tried the web app, made sure PWS is enabled… I can see the station on the PWS website…Any suggestions?
post by Gene on Feb 12, 2020
Gene
See my earlier comment to @Les, seems like a temporary issue somewhere between Rachio and pwsweather. Usually it takes only a few hours for a Gen 2 controller to see your weather station.
@rachiosupport, can you please look into this? Thank you.
post by ValM on Feb 12, 2020
ValM
Thanks, I really appreciate your help and the time you put into helping all us folks out here!
post by Les on Feb 12, 2020
Les
I would like to associate myself with valM’s comment. Gene your help is very much appreciated.
post by Gene on Feb 16, 2020
Gene
@Les & @ValM, how are you guys doing? Where you able to find your stations?
post by ValM on Feb 16, 2020
ValM
@Gene no, just checked now.
post by Les on Feb 16, 2020
Les
Can’t see mine WX27175
post by bcellis on Feb 21, 2020
bcellis
Hey all, I’m not smart enough to figure out how to get my new PWS to show up in the Rachio settings (android app or website). I’ve added it to the PWS and WU networks. It sounds like there’s an additional step that I can’t quite figure out though. If anyone can shed some light, I’d appreciate it. Thanks.
https://www.pwsweather.com/obs/BERULES.html
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KAZTUCSO1662
post by Gene on Feb 21, 2020
Gene
There is an existing issue that Rachio is having with their original provider, AerisWeather, this issue effects Rachio’s ability to search for new stations. Rachio support is aware of this issue and working with AerisWeather to resolve it, but there is currently no ETA for the fix.
Check back tomorrow. If the issue is unresolved, I will try to provide a workaround.
Gene
post by bcellis on Feb 24, 2020
bcellis
Hi Gene, I wanted to follow-up and let you know that the issue is unresolved. Thanks!
post by Gene on Feb 24, 2020
Gene
Allright, I’ve changed your station to BERULES, keep in mind that it is not yet available as a choice on the map. You can look at the map at any time, but be sure not to choose any other station before going back, or closing the page. In case you inadvertently change the station and cannot select yours again, just let me know.
Feel free to revoke the share at any time, otherwise I would like to keep an eye on when Rachio starts showing your station on the map. At this time it takes about a week, at which time I’ll revoke the share on my end.
Thanks,
Gene
post by bcellis on Feb 24, 2020
bcellis
Sounds good, thank you!
Is there any reason why this manual method of adding a weather station isn’t documented online?
post by Gene on Feb 24, 2020
Gene
For whatever reason, Rachio does not provide any official means to manually type in the station.
post by bcellis on Mar 2, 2020
bcellis
Hey Gene, you can take a look but it seems like the weather station is showing on the map. Thanks again for your help!
post by Gene on Mar 2, 2020
Gene
You are right! I’ve disabled the share from my end.
post by rhassell on May 22, 2020
rhassell
Can you add my station:
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTXLUBBO324
Thanks in advance.
post by dbar on Feb 19, 2021
dbar
Gene - I see a couple threads where you are adding PWS from wunderground
any chance to add mine?
KFLFLORI31
you’re performing a much needed service!!