Add Weather Underground Station - Settings / Weather - Rachio Community

Add Weather Underground Station

post by dloethen on Sep 28, 2018

New R3 user here. Looking to use station KMOJEFFE49 but it’s not showing up in the app. The station was added on Monday so perhaps it’s too soon.

BTW, I’m loving the Rachio 3 after coming from both a Smartenit and a late 90’s Hunter controller.

post by Gene on Sep 28, 2018

Usually it takes a few days to see a new WU station within Rachio

That being said, it is Friday, so enough time should have passed. May I ask how you are searching for your station? By default Gen 3 controller will automatically choose the best station / aggregate and make changes when issues are detected. Have you switched to a manual / single station mode within Rachio software?

post by dloethen on Sep 28, 2018

I go to More > Weather Intelligence Plus > Weather Data Source > Weather Station in the Android app. Is that the correct place?

post by Gene on Sep 28, 2018

Not having an android phone, I can’t confirm for sure, but it does sound right. You can also try their web interface:

https://app.rach.io/
Look for Weather Intelligence Plus on the left after signing in > Weather Network > Weather Station.

It is also a good idea to verify that location of your station is accurate, as seen here:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMOJEFFE49

post by dloethen on Sep 28, 2018

Station location is accurate. I’ll try the web interface when I get home. Thanks.

post by Gene on Sep 28, 2018

I’ll tag @rachiosupport to this conversation, doesn’t hurt to have them take a look.

post by dloethen on Sep 28, 2018

For the Rachio 3, if I choose Weather Network instead of Weather Station will it still use the rain total from my PWS since it’s the closest or will the rain total be extrapolated instead?

post by franz on Sep 28, 2018

If you don’t see the station by Monday I will have the team reach out to WU.
Extrapolated. My recommendation is to use the closest accurate station!

post by dloethen on Oct 1, 2018

The station hasn’t appeared yet. Thanks for your help with this.

post by franz on Oct 1, 2018

I’ve reached out to IBM WU, will let you know what their response is.

post by dloethen on Oct 1, 2018

Thank you.

post by dloethen on Oct 3, 2018

This response in the Netatmo thread got me thinking that perhaps my station isn’t being picked up because I listed it as “other” in Weather Underground. It’s actually an Acurite 5-in-1 with a Meteobridge so I changed it in Weather Underground to an Acurite Pro Weather Center. We’ll see if that makes a difference.

post by dloethen on Oct 4, 2018

Station is now showing! Thanks!

post by garyk on Oct 8, 2018

Hello franz,

My station has been online for several days now and hasn’t appeared on the Rachio map. Would you mention my station to IBM?
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNMLASCR171
Thank you.

post by franz on Oct 8, 2018

I had the team reach out to IBM and send your station along.

post by garyk on Oct 8, 2018

Thank you franz and team.

post by garyk on Oct 12, 2018

Hi franz,

As of this morning my station doesn’t appear on the Edit Weather Station list. I signed up at PWSweather and began transmitting data to PWS and AerisWeather yesterday.

I enabled Wind Skip on one zone earlier this week. Due to local forecasts, this zone has been skipped everyday since. Connecting the weather station’s wind sensor will hopefully re-automate irrigation in that zone. Perhaps a monitor to recheck conditions hourly and slip instead of skip schedules.

Thanks.

post by garyk on Oct 16, 2018

A freeze skip was applied today. I checked conditions reported by closest weather station, mine hasn’t appear in the list yet, and it indicated 42 degrees. I’m wondering if I’ve incorrectly configured the Weather Intelligence settings for monitoring a specific weather station. Has anyone else experienced this?

post by franz on Oct 16, 2018

@garyk
For wind and temperature skips we use a hourly forecast based on your geolocation. We don’t actually use the chosen station since we need to have this information before we make our decisions. Hope this helps.

post by garyk on Oct 17, 2018

OK. My geolocation hasn’t been hyper-local enough to accurately manage wind and temperature skips. Now that my weather station is available, thank you, what schedule options should I use to take best advantage of on-site data?

post by franz on Oct 17, 2018

We use onsite PWS information for precipitation data. The rain skips and saturation (climate) skips will benefit the most.

post by garyk on Oct 17, 2018

Thanks franz. I’ll adjust accordingly.

post by nkaw on Feb 21, 2019

Hello, can someone add KNYMALVE4 and KNYHEMPS2. Thank you in advance.

post by Gene on Feb 21, 2019

Asking via multiple threads was not necessary!
Active users tend to read everything that is new!

post by nkaw on Feb 21, 2019

Thank you and I apologize.

post by Gene on Feb 21, 2019

No need to apologize!

post by FreeSoup on Aug 1, 2019

Hey Gene, Rachio suggested you are the person to ask. I skimmed this, but to be 100% sure if I have the WeatherFlow station, and have gone through the steps to get it setup on Weather Underground, the Gen 3 can use that? Debating an upgrade, have the original model since early '17.

post by FreeSoup on Aug 1, 2019

Think I found this in another thread, looks like this is the case.

post by Gene on Aug 1, 2019

Are you looking to update your controller or your PWS? In any case you are correct about WU data and Gen 3 controllers!

post by ARH on Aug 24, 2019

Hi Gene, could you possibly add my WeatherFlow station at:

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/4472/grid

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/ca/cupertino/KCACUPER242

to the PWS network I can integrate it with my Gen 2 Rachio controller?

Thanks in advance!

post by Gene on Aug 24, 2019

Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx53925, I’ve used your WeatherFlow data instead of WU as it is more likely to work without interruptions. Your station should become visible in a few hours. Thanks for providing the controller type as it avoids needless questions.

post by garyk on Feb 19, 2021

Gene - I see a couple threads where you are adding PWS from wunderground

any chance to add mine?

KFLFLORI31

you’re performing a much needed service!!