AC adapter for Hose Timer - Getting Started / Before You Buy - Rachio Community
AC adapter for Hose Timer
post by purson on Mar 14, 2024
I would like to buy the hose timer model but need to power it via AC adapter rather than batteries. Rachio chat told me Rachio has one is available but couldn’t tell me a part number to order it. I don’t see any adapters for sale separately and the hose timer description says nothing about it. Anyone using AC successfully for their hose timer?
268 views
post by DLane on Mar 14, 2024
@purson - I have a hose timer. The batteries are behind a screw cover to keep out moisture. There is no external connection for a plug in adapter. I think the chat may have been confused with what you were seeking. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
post by DAC on Apr 21, 2024
It would be pretty easy to wire up an external source, harder but doable to make it weatherproof but why mess around? I haven’t had the Rachio hose timers very long but with my other brands the batteries last a couple years under regular use.
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Engineering Roadmap: WPA3 Support, Improved WiFi Security | 1 | 169 | Aug 2025 |
| Trying something new for our backyard refresh…need input | 7 | 127 | Oct 2025 |
| Notification in hose timer’s tile? Huh? | 1 | 109 | Sep 2025 |
| Winterizing the Sprinkler | 6 | 213 | May 30 |
| Tempest and wired rain sensor? | 1 | 60 | Apr 26 |