About the Troubleshooting category - Troubleshooting - Rachio Community
About the Troubleshooting category
One stop for tech support, wiring, Wi-Fi, and irrigation help.
Posts
Post by laura.bauman on Jun 27, 2018
1.6k views
Post by JWC on Mar 29, 2020
I am having trouble adding a second controller to my account. Got on local WiFi with my iPhone. Stepped through the prompting from the set up program. Added location, Serial #, but couldn’t get the new controller to pair on the network. How does the new unit get the local wifi password? From my iPhone?
Thanks ... welcome your suggestions for next steps.
Post by Mike66 on Aug 7, 2020
4th flashing…does not seem to want to add my replacement controller to my current account. Help
Post by ecmr9397 on Sep 3, 2020
HI,
I neglected to take a picture of my previous controller wiring.
How do I proceed to wiring my new Rachio 3 unit?
i have 2 black wires, a white, red, yellow, green and red.
with 4 zones.
Thanks.
Post by Allenw88 on Jun 1, 2025
I’m new to the Rachio community but I’m able to understand most devices due to my work. I just moved into a house that has an existing Rachio controller but now as I’m trying to set it up so that it’ll work on a schedule, I’m having issues. I went through the whole transfer settings with the previous owners so I have that. I have the controller hooked to my WiFi.
But as I programmed a schedule to start this week, not running today, I go to start turning valve on and all the sprinklers come on. I ensured that nothing was supposed to be on for today and yet things are still running. I go to disable zones, and they are still running. So now I’m here to ask questions. What might be doing wrong?
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Weather Station Not Showing / Weatherunderground not reporting - again! | 16 | 214 | Mar 21 |
| Zone Fault but it appears to be working fine | 7 | 130 | Jul 2025 |
| Random Start | 4 | 99 | Jun 8 |
| Rachio 3 16zone not opening or closing zones | 3 | 144 | Dec 2025 |
| Rachio 3 Dropping WAN connection - LAN Connection Okay | 7 | 111 | Apr 28 |
Topic list, column headers with buttons are sortable.